Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Retreat (not exactly like the post on The Knightly News)

I know I've bombarded you already with a slide show...

But this one goes beyond the cute.

This one shares the heart of the retreat.

I have to say God has a great variety of girls. From all walks of life. All colors of skin. All with the same heart condition before we met Him.

And then...we meet HIM. The One who gave all, IS all, and loves us all!

I have lots of emotion that surfaces when I watch this slide show. Every single time. While I didn't know what to expect, God did. He knew WHO was coming because He selected them.

I want to thank Marsha, Susan and Aimee for listening to me carry on ---over and over about my vision--thoughts and ideas. They put up with me and didn't complain one single time....at least to me :) This could have been done without any of us...but we wouldn't have had the joy and tears that flow freely as we now can look back over the months of preparations! God is awesome to have invited us into His vision for us!

I would like to thank Juno, Aimee's husband and pastor of Sneads Assembly of God Church, for graciously allowing us to host the retreat from their location. We enjoyed the sanctuary, The Green Frog Cafe` (Aimee's creation), the Prayer Room (Susan's creation, inspired by God) and the shopping district! Juno and Valaree, along with Becky, our worship leader tag teamed with the power point presentations! Awesome job y'all!

We also enjoyed the fellowship and enormous assistance of two of their sweet sisters...Janice Lambert and Mary Hightower! Girls, you have rocked my world with sweetness!

Becky Knight (beckyknight.com) did an outstanding job in leading us to the throne of God in worship! Thank you darlin'!

Each speaker laid it out there --clearly--for us to understand and benefit from their knowledge in the Word and their field of expertise! Girls, y'all are the bomb!

The Holy Spirit moved in such a way, not a heart left untouched! More on that later!!

One last thank you. But this one is most important. Thank you to my darling man. I also refer to him as "Sweet Man", for that is exactly what he is. He made 7 cakes y'all. 7. Peanut Butter, Butternut, German Chocolate, and Red Velvet. Everyone of them devoured. We took home a piece or two of 2...the others...well...I guess someone ate it up!

I thank him for his love and support through all of this. And every time I said the dreaded words, "hey! I have an idea"...he refrained (somehow) from his normal come back of, "ooooohhhhh Loooorrrrdddd". Knowing that almost every idea I get, somehow will involve him. A can of paint, possibly the pressure washer, and usually the hammer. How could I not love this man! Thank you Jeff. You are my one and only.

If God whispers something in your heart, something that seems impossible, or perhaps might even seem ridiculous to the average person, but you KNOW in your heart, if obeyed could change someone's life, especially yours, Do it. (Sorry, Tiff-I know that was a way too long sentence!)

Do whatever it takes on your part to fulfill what God has called you to do. No matter what it costs you, I promise, you will not be sorry. You will bubble over with the unexpected joy that will pour forth! Your tired bones will be REVIVED!


There is more to come...something from my heart to every speaker...Mary Snyder, Connie Haile, Lisa Shaw, Marsha Harwood, Tiffany Stuart, Lynn Donovan, Joanne Kraft and Alecia Corbin. That will be a separate post. You girls have no idea what you have done in my life. AND the lives of each lady. I have received private e-mails of the things you said that triggered a response in their hearts and lives...and good changes are coming. ALL because you obeyed the voice of God when preparing your messages.

I can't thank you enough! We are on the brink of something awesome! I can't wait to see what God does next year!!! Oh my! How will I ever stand it!

Much planning to begin soon!!!


Fully Trusting Him,


Photobucket