Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Words from Wanda


Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Have you ever had to wait on something? Waiting is sometimes the hardest thing to do. In this life of instant everything....perhaps we forgotten how to "wait".

These are some thoughts that have been on my mind in this most recent episode of heart problems. I have had health issues all of my life---so you would think I would be used to the onslaught of enemy attack by now. Or at the very least, I would know what and when to expect it. But yet again....I am caught off guard. In my weakened physical condition...the enemy attacks the spiritual "me". Isn't that where we are all most vunerable?

I have spent my fair share of time in waiting rooms. Waiting is tiring. Watching others come and go...while I am still waiting. When we are in God's waiting room it is for a reason. He may be trying to speak to us. Are we listening? Or, have we forgotten how to listen? In this noisy world, do we find ourselves just listening to the roar of the world, instead of keeping our ear tuned for the calming voice of the Lord?

Do you hear....from the depths of your heart...."be still and know that I am God".... It's time to stop and listen. Sometimes difficulties may enter our lives to "slow us down". I have discovered that many times we "cover up" the voice of the Lord with busyness. We stay so busy we have no time to spend in prayer or the Word. Are we afraid of what He might say....or are we afraid of what He might ask us to do? I have found myself feeling this. In discussing this with my sisters, we all seem to feel this way. Afraid of what He might require us to do. We need to remember---He won't ask us to do anything that He won't guide, direct and qualify us to do.

When we finally stop and listen, however the "listening" came about, it is worth the wait. We realize with clarity that the enemy was trying to "steal" something from us all along. He kept our focus and attention on other things....demanding things. But we must stop----and listen.

Since I have been home from the hospital, I have found myself being attacked during the night---by the enemy of my soul. When I am plagued with thoughts of fear and the uncertainties of life, I try and pull as many scriptures in as I can recall, almost as if I am pulling up a comforting quilt to warm my body and soul. A couple of my "strength verses" are, "By His stripes we are healed"; and "Greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world". I have to remind myself over and over of the promises of the Father in order to get even a minute of peace. Sleep does not come easy these days. I cling to the promises of the Lord. I am listening to His voice---I want to be obedient to His calling.

Jehovah-Shammah ~ the Lord is there;
Jehovah-Rophe ~ the Lord who heals; and
Jehovah-Shalom ~ the Lord is peace.

Thank you for praying for me. Keep it up. The Lord is not finished yet!

Keeping the Faith,
Wanda Jakelsky :)

© Sisters of Faith 2007-2010. All rights reserved. 

This post was written and posted January 24, 2008.  Wanda's one and only blog post--yet these were not her only words to us.  As her sisters, Aimee and I have been honored to hear wisdom pour from her heart and mouth on many occasions.  The last few weeks of her life, she spent more time reflecting and less time talking.  Talking required more oxygen than she was able to expend.  Reflecting on things from God--soaking in Him.  Getting ready for her departure.  I believe she knew.

Many times I wonder at the secrets He revealed to her.  By a knowing smile that she gave me the last time she spoke, I know He had been telling her some pretty incredible things.  Oh sisters, I wish you could have seen that smile.  I was the only one who did.  Aimee was behind the bed, looking through the cabinets in search of a pillow to make Wanda more comfortable.  I was on a stool, near her face, trying so hard to etch it in my memory.  As if I could ever forget those beautiful eyes and that smile.

The secrets He shared--she has experienced today.  Wrapped in the glory of Him in heaven she breathes celestial air today! No more oxygen, no struggling to speak or walk, and I just imagine she is running!

I hope you know the One she called Father.  If you don't, I invite you to sit at His feet today and share with Him your burdens.  Wanda would say the same.  Learn about Him. Invite Him into your lifeAsk Him to forgive you of your sins.  Prayer is key to a relationship with Jesus Christ.  If you never had a conversation with those you are closest to---would you be very close for very long?  I don't think so.  In order to be close to Jesus--to hear HIM speak, we must be in constant communion with Him.  Prayer is that communion.

If you have made a decision to follow Christ today, drop us an e-mail.  We would love a chance to pray with you.  Maybe you just need a little "concrete" poured into your decision.  Be resolute in your walk with God.  You will never regret a relationship with Him, but if you don't have one, I guarantee you, there will be a day when you will regret you didn't stop and seek Him out.

May I pray with you?

Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you have allowed us to visit in this way today.  The incredible individual that has stopped by has a heart to know you.  I pray today that You will make Yourself known to them.  May they find the peace which Your Word tells us, keeps them as they seek to know You more.  Father, I lift them up to You--go with them from this spot today, may they be blessed as they hear Your Word and act according to Your Word.  Surround them with Your presence, and may they know they are loved by You!  In the Holy Name of Your only Son, Jesus I pray, Amen.