Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From the Devotional Book


In the words of Oswald Chambers, "Dreaming about a thing in order to do it properly is right; but dreaming about it when we should be doing it is wrong."

Can I just tell you that on the day I read this one...it hit me square in the eyes. For several reasons.

1) I had missed doing my devotions in my Oswald Chambers book for a few days. I read other things...---but when I picked my book back up, I flipped first to the "day at hand".

"SMACK". Right between the eyes.

2) Yes, I had been dreaming. But to put action behind my dreams scared me to death! But still...

My mother always told us, "Actions speak louder than words". Yes. I know. A mother's wisdom.

Oswald goes on further, "When we are getting into contact with God in order to find out what He wants, dreaming is right; but when we are inclined to spend our time in dreaming over what we have been told to do, it is a bad thing and God's blessing is never on it....'neither sit nor stand but go.' "

It is alright to wait before the Lord to get the instructions. Or the roadmap---but there are times, when He bids us go--have faith in Him and go---and He directs us step by step.

Wanda's favorite verse was Psalm 27:14. Wait on the Lord. As you are waiting "before Him"...meaning on your knees, in your prayer closet, or on your face, in your private devotions, He is doing the strengthening. He will be your strength. When you feel you have gone your absolute limit....give it up.

To Him. And when He answers, however He may choose to answer, give Him all the praise.

We do. We give God the glory and praise for Wanda's life and testimony. AND for what He continues to do---through the faithful perseverance of one darling sister. We praise Him.

Thanks for sticking around with us! We promise to post more faithfully! We are blessed to be sisters of faith with you!


Photobucket