Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

About the Sisters


I began this blog on January 4, 2008.

In the wee hours of the morning, on the 5th floor of Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida Aimee and I sat as Wanda lay between us sleeping. Aimee tossed and turned in her makeshift bed of a pull out chair. I sat in a recliner that was old and made too much noise to actually "recline".

We listened to the breathing of our sister, Wanda and thanked the Lord for what He had blessed our lives with...but secretly, we both wondered just how long this earthly blessing would last.

To tell you about us...just a wee bit:

There were three sisters.  Actually, we are all sisters if you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior.  But here at this place, you will hear about all the sisters of our lives. The older sisters, the middle sisters and probably the younger sisters.
We can take you to the places in our spiritual walk where victories have been won. We can show you battle scars.... all of us. Some are scars of the heart figuratively, some literally.

As you journey with us, be patient. We will share what we can, when we can. But we hope that if you happen upon this blog....maybe, just maybe you will feel the presence of the Lord and be blessed.

The night the blog was born, I sat there in that dimly lit room trying to come up with a way to "keep Wanda alive". I thought that if I gave her something to think on everyday, something to plan toward, then surely, surely, she would keep on living. If only just for me.

I was selfish in my thoughts. Wanda's life and yes, even her passing had a purpose. The dreams of her life are still being realized by us today.  I think she passed part of her dream on to me.  The dream to touch the lives of others.  I hope what you find here touchs your life.

Wanda wrote only one post. It is called "God's Waiting Room". Incredible does not adequately describe it.

As I sat at her little kitchen table the night, I wrote down the words she shared, I shed a few tears. More fell on the keyboard as I typed them for you to read. Her heart--her thoughts--God's love extended.

She left this life on February 12, 2008 for a better place. One without oxygen tanks or heart problems.

Aimee and I continue on. Looking forward with great anticipation for that day when we will join our precious sister once again. And oh we will sing just like we do on our Sisters Retreats!

Join Aimee and me, as we take you on a journey of our faith--through the writings of our blog. You may need kleenex---or a depends---depending on who is writing!  At the updating of this entry, Aimee has decided to leave the writing to me for the most part.  But if you go back far enough, you will find some of Aimee's writings.  AND they are worth the search!

Get comfy! We hope you will come again and again.

Keeping the faith,

The Sisters!

 
Pictured above: Wanda, Angie, Aimee with our mother, Valeria; Photo #2-Aunt Evielean, Mother, and Aunt Elaine; Picture #3 April, Angie, and Tiffany.