Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Basking in His Light

 

Sofa from HomePlaceFurniture 257

The porch swing at my mother’s is a favorite place of reflecting.  Yo-Yo, the spoiled cat,  likes to attend his daily regimen of grooming while bathed in the light filtering  through the screen.

There has been many pouring of heart and soul on this porch for more years than I can count.  I have been prayed over and read to, prayed for in the quiet dawn, and as the hush of dusk fell on the grounds.

I have felt the power behind the prayers prayed from this porch.  God heard.  AND He answered.  Today, I need to sit on that porch of prayer and peace.  Today, I need to feel the strength that comes from the prayer---the power and anointing is ours when He reaches down, through and into our lives and meets the need. 

The need?  I can’t put a name to it.  Have you ever been in that place?  Where the prayers you pray seem to stop at the ceiling?  The urgent need of your life remains nameless to you, all the while He knows the need of your heart.  I’ve been there more than once.  I sit in that place today.  Even though I can’t get to that porch today, I can get to the cross.  Unload and unwind.  Allow the fingers of the Holy Spirit to kneed away the frustrations of life and apply the balm that soothes and strengthens.

Strength is gathered.  Soldier boots are pulled on and laces tightened.  With the renewed strength for the journey, we carry on in a run now---headed for the finish line.  Doing all we can for the cause of Jesus Christ!

You save the humble,
       but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.

29 You are my lamp, O LORD;
       the LORD turns my darkness into light.

30 With your help I can advance against a troop;
       with my God I can scale a wall.  2 Samuel 22:28-30 NIV

Keep praying and believing sisters!

Love, Angie